As a brand, we're inspired to make a difference in the world. Embracing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in all our operations and cultural ecosystems is one way we're doing that. We're committed to evaluating our impact on society and the environment and making informed decisions that prioritise sustainability for both people and planet.
By using only sustainable materials in our products and manufacturing them exclusively in Africa, we're helping support the economic growth of our community of makers. Join us in promoting sustainability, and together, let's create a brighter future for all.
The four SDG pillars we are aligned to throughout our product development, manufacture and distribution are:
- Supporting and empowering women to be treated fairly and equitably.
- Supporting and promoting women owned enterprises.
- Ensuring all workers have fair working conditions.
- Supporting producers in Africa with strategic and operational expertise to grow capacity and achieve economic growth.
- Supporting the informal sector technically and financially to improve their financial security and create jobs for the local community.
- Offering accurate and objective information to the customer to encourage and promote considered purchase choices.
- Encouraging and promoting a circular economy to minimize product ending up in land fill.
- Adopting new production technology to minimise waste.
- Not using fabrics and components derived from fossil fuels and materials harvested from unsustainable sources.
- Not using hazardous and toxic chemicals and processes throughout the supply chain.
- Off-setting our CO2 foot print (freight, courier and travel) through our re-forestation initiative.
Read More about UNSDG's